College of Central Bankers
On December 14, 2018, the Global Interdependence Center announced our College of Central Bankers initiative to further sustain and enhance our relationships with former leaders of the world’s central banks and theirs with the Global Interdependence Center.
GIC enjoys a long and trusted rapport with current and former leaders of central banks both in the US and across the globe. Through their participation in our events, the GIC offers a distinguished, neutral platform for thought leadership on important macroeconomic and socially important topics – many in central banking and monetary policy.
Our 2018 members of the College of Central Bankers are:
- Christian Noyer, Honorary Governor, Banque de France
- Anthony Santomero, Former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- William Poole, Senior Fellow, Cato Institute and Former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Our 2019 members of the College of Central Bankers are:
- Charles Plosser, Former president & CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- Dennis Lockhart, Former president & CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
The College of Central Bankers will continue to enhance GIC’s position as a leader in international dialogue and to further strengthen GIC’s connection to the central banking community. Examples of benefits for members of the GIC College of Central Bankers are:
- The opportunity to conduct/publish research/comment on GIC platforms such as GIC’s website and social media
- Invitation to speak at GIC’s domestic and international programs with defrayed travel expenses as appropriate
- Opportunity to participate in College of Central Bankers‐specific programs, which will feature members’ expertise and research
- Opportunity for members to be prominently promoted by GIC as affiliated with the College of Central Bankers including exposure to members of the media, and referral in response to media’s requests for experts
- The College of Central Bankers would publish (or collaborate in the publishing) the work of its members, invited authors, and other thought leaders through the GIC and College web site(s)
GIC College of Central Banking resources and blog series
The GIC College of Central Banking blog series allows members of the GIC community to publish thoughts and findings on issues relating specifically to the Central Banking industry. We encourage you to explore the below posts and share your thoughts in the comments.
- Remarks from 2019 College of Central Bankers Induction Ceremony | Dennis Lockhart, December 13, 2019
- Court’s implicit rejection of basic EU tenet would give cause for concern | J. Paul Horne, August 4, 2019
- Investors need to be aware of the other bond bubble | J. Paul Horne, June 20, 2019
The College and its membership will operate within the GIC umbrella and with GIC’s administrative support.