GIC announces the College of Central Bankers, a new initiative to sustain relationships with the central banking community and former leaders of central banks
December 14, 2018
The Global Interdependence Center announced their new initiative, the College of Central Bankers on Friday, December 14, 2018. This unique enterprise will further sustain and enhance GIC’s relationships with former leaders of the world’s central banks and theirs with the Global Interdependence Center. GIC enjoys a long and trusted rapport with current and former leaders of central banks both in the US and across the globe. Through their participation in GIC events, GIC offers a distinguished, neutral platform for thought leadership on important macroeconomic and socially important topics – many in central banking and monetary policy. GIC proudly announced the first members of the College of Central Bankers at the 2018 Global Citizen Award and Global Economic and Policy Outlook at the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. These inaugural members are:
- Christian Noyer, Honorary Governor, Banque de France
- Anthony Santomero, Former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- William Poole, Senior Fellow, Cato Institute and Former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
The College of Central Bankers will continue to enhance GIC’s position as a leader in international dialogue and to further strengthen GIC’s connection to the central banking community. Examples of benefits for members of the College of Central Bankers are:
- The opportunity to conduct/publish research/comment on GIC platforms such as GIC’s website and social
- Invitation to speak at GIC’s domestic and international programs with defrayed travel expenses as appropriate
- Opportunity to participate in College of Central Bankers‐specific programs, which will feature members’ expertise and research
- Opportunity for members to be prominently promoted by GIC as affiliated with the College of Central Bankers including exposure to members of the media, and referral in response to media’s requests for experts
- The College of Central Bankers would publish (or collaborate in the publishing) the work of its members, invited authors, and other thought leaders through the GIC and College web site(s)
The College and its membership will operate within the GIC umbrella and with GIC’s administrative support.
Contact: For more information please contact Colleen Murphy, Manager of Marketing and Communications, at [email protected] or 215-238-0990.
About the Global Interdependence Center: The Global Interdependence Center (GIC) is a Philadelphia-based nonprofit organization that seeks to stimulate thoughtful, global dialogue on a wide range of issues that affect the international community, including economics, health care and government. GIC convenes conferences and roundtable discussions, both domestically and internationally, to identify and address emerging global issues. For more information, visit GIC’s website at www.interdependence.org.Download