Challenges in Economic Forecasting
Date: Thursday, June 11, 2020
This webinar took place on Thursday, June 11, 2020. The video replay is available only to GIC Members.
Challenges in Economic Forecasting
Challenges in Economic Forecasting is the theme of this Executive Briefing, the eleventh in our “Analyzing Pandemics” series. Attendees will gain context and perspective regarding the economic response to the pandemic, as well as the predicted recovery, and what the economy will look like post-COVID-19.
Detailed webinar instructions and materials available upon registration. COVID-19 pandemic resources available below.
Rest assured we do not sell your email address or other registration information.
The GIC’s mission is to provide a forum for a thoughtful, unbiased global dialogue on emerging issues that impact the economy, policy and geopolitics. During these challenging time related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we think it is important to share our content as a public service.
As a reminder, the Global Interdependence Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We rely on voluntary contributions to bring our high quality content to the public. If you enjoy and find our programming valuable, we encourage you to make a tax deductible donation of $25, $50, or $100 to GIC in support of future webinars and live conferences, or consider joining as a GIC Member.
Resources on COVID-19:
- Coronavirus and the “Good Macro” Regime, BCG Henderson Institute, (June 9, 2020)
- COVID – 19: Health Recovery and Economic Recovery Go Hand in Hand, GIC Blog (June 1, 2020)
- COVID-19 Impacts and Philanthropic Opportunities: GGA Interview with Atlanta Fed President Raphael Bostic, GIC Blog (May 31, 2020)
- COVID-19 Playbook, Vital Strategies (May 2, 2020)
- The U.S. Is Not Headed Toward a New Great Depression, Harvard Business Review (May 1, 2020)
- About Masks, GIC Blog (April 24, 2020)
- COVID – 19: Health Recovery and Economic Recovery Go Hand in Hand, GIC Blog (April 21, 2020)
- PACT: Private Automated Contract Tracing, MIT (April 9, 2020)
- Review of Mobile Application Technology to Enhance Contact Tracing Capacity for COVID-19, Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security (April 8, 2020)
- FDA Has Authorized just one Coronavirus Antibody Test, CNN (April 7, 2020)
- A cost-effective way to help emerging markets fight Covid-19, GIC Blog (April 3, 2020)
- Contract Tracing Mobile Apps for COVID-19: Privacy Considerations and Related Trade-offs, Cornell (March 30, 2020)
- Weekly Economic Update by Michael Drury, GIC Blog (March 30, 2020)
- Why coronavirus antibody testing in one Colorado town could provide a way forward, ABC News (March 28, 2020)
- Understanding the Economic Shock of Coronavirus, Harvard Business Review (March 27, 2020)
- Worst-Case Estimates for U.S. Coronavirus Deaths, New York Times (March 13, 2020)
- First Ebola, Now Coronavirus. Why an Omaha Hospital Gets the Toughest Cases, New York Times (February 18, 2020)
- Enhancing Private Sector Health System Preparedness for 21-st Century Health Threats Foundational Principles from a National Academies Initiative, JAMA (February 6, 2020)
- NExT The Nebraska Transformational Project briefing sheet, University of Nebraska Medical Center (February 10, 2020)
Location: Virtual EventDownload iCal
Megan E. GreeneSenior Fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School
Megan has been a leading voice in global macroeconomics on both sides of the Atlantic for the past 15 years. She is currently a Senior Fellow at the Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business and Government at the Harvard Kennedy School. Her role includes teaching and writing, and her main focus is the drivers of wage and income inequality globally.
Philipp Carlsson-SzlezakChief Economist, BCG
Philipp Carlsson-Szlezak is BCG's Chief Economist and a Managing Director and Partner in the firm's New York office. He leads the Center for Macroeconomics at the BCG Henderson Institute.
Donald RissmillerFounding Partner of Strategas
Mr. Rissmiller is a founding Partner of Strategas and has directed the Firm's macroeconomic research efforts since 2006. He oversees Strategas' thematic research as well as high-frequency econometric forecasting.