George Tsetsekos and Michael Papaioannou organized a conference with GIC at Drexel University on February 23, 2018, sponsored by Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business. This article, published in The Journal of Investing, is a result of this conference.
Session VI: New Initiatives with Higher Education
– Bruce Cohen, Managing Director, CitiGroup
– William Burke-White, Professor, University of Pennsylvania Law School and Inaugural Director, Perry World House
– Tonio DeSorrento, CEO & Director, Vemo Education
– Moderator: Kathleen Stephansen, Advisor to the Boston Consulting Group Henderson Institute Center for Macroeconomics and GIC Vice Chair of Programs
Close: Peter A. Gold, Esquire, Conference Chair, Vice Board Chair GIC, Principal, TheGoldGroup,LLC.
Session V: Organic Changes in the Next Five Years (i.e. Mergers, Combinations, Closures, Tenure, Governance, New Curriculum, Lifelong Learning)
– Ali Houshmand, President, Rowan University
– Lloyd Jacobs, M.D., President Emeritus, University of Toledo; Fellow, U.S. Council on Competitiveness
– Jeffrey P. Gold, MD, Chancellor, University of Nebraska, Omaha
– Moderator: Erin Arvedlund, Business/Finance Journalist, Philadelphia Inquirer; Author
Session IV: What Business and Government Need and Want from Higher Education in the Next 5 Years
– Victor Crawford, Chief Operating Officer Healthcare, Facilities & Higher Education, Aramark
– Mark Heppenstall, Chief Investment Officer, Penn Mutual Asset Management Co.
– Rochelle (“Chellie”) Cameron, CEO, Philadelphia International Airport
– Moderator: Peter A. Gold, Esquire, Conference Chair, Vice Board Chair GIC, Principal, TheGoldGroup, LLC.
Session III: What Higher Education Needs and Wants from Business & Government in the Next 5 Years
– Ann Kirschner, Dean Emerita, Macaulay Honors College at CUNY and University Professor, CUNY Graduate Center
– James O’Brien, Senior Vice-President of University Affairs & Chief of Staff, Office of the President, Arizona State University
– John Fry, President, Drexel University; Member Board of Directors Wistar Institute
– Moderator: Catherine L. Mann, Chief Economist CitiGroup
Session II: The Context: Part 2: The Changing Legal Environment (Developments/Opportunities/Risks)
– Christina D. Riggs, Esquire, Co-Vice Chair, Higher Education Practice, Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr
– Stephanie J. Gold, Esquire, Chair, National & International Education Practice, Hogan Lovells
– Moderator: Esther Brimmer, Executive Director & CEO, NAFSA: Association of International Educators