Patrick Harker, President & CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, to give keynote address at 37th Annual Monetary and Trade Conference.
May 6, 2019
37th Annual Monetary and Trade Conference: Global Trade: Darkening Clouds or New Beginnings?: On May 6, 2019, the Global Interdependence Center will host its Annual Monetary & Trade (AMT) Conference in partnership with the LeBow College of Business at Drexel University. 2019 will mark the year of our 37th AMT Conference, with a keynote address from Patrick Harker, the President & CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. The conference explores global trade imbalance issues and offers a forum for discussion of the status of trade relations among the most significant world trade partners, including the US, China and the European Union. In particular, the conference will address pertinent issues to trade of goods and services and focus on the Interconnections between trade flows and financial services.
- Patrick T. Harker, President and Chief Executive Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- Apostolos Apostolou, Economist, International Monetary Fund
- Christine Bliss, President, Coalition of Services Industries
- Paul Jensen, Dean, R. John Chapel, Jr. Dean’s Chair, LeBow College of Business, Drexel University
- Kimberley Claman, Director of International Government Affairs, Citi
- Catherine L. Mann, Ph.D., Global Chief Economist, Citibank
- Christopher Melly, Vice President, Government Affairs, AIG
- Yancy Molnar, Vice President for International Government Affairs, Chubb
- Michael G. Papaioannou, Expert Advisor, International Monetary Fund
- Andrew J. Patterson, CFA, Investment Analyst, Vanguard Investment Strategy Group
- Howard Silverstone, Vice President of Programs, British American Chamber of Commerce
- Bill Stone, Chief Investment Officer, Avalon Advisors, LLC
- Paul J. Thanos, Director for Finance and Insurance Industries at the U.S. Commerce Department’s International Trade Administration
- Stephen Tokarick, Adjunct Lecturer, Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS)
- George Tsetsekos, Ph.D., Dean Emeritus and the Francis Professor of Finance at LeBow’s College of Business at Drexel University
- Additional speakers to be announced
Monday, May 6, 2019 | 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
LeBow College of Business, Drexel University,
Gerri C. LeBow Hall, 220 DiPiero Grand Meeting Room
(Address: 3220 Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19104)
Contact: To register for this event or for more information please contact Colleen Murphy, Manager of Marketing and Communications, at [email protected] or 215-238-0990.
About the Global Interdependence Center: The Global Interdependence Center (GIC) is a Philadelphia-based nonprofit organization that seeks to stimulate thoughtful, global dialogue on a wide range of issues that affect the international community, including economics, health care and government. GIC convenes conferences and roundtable discussions, both domestically and internationally, to identify and address emerging global issues. For more information, visit GIC’s website at www.interdependence.org.
About the LeBow College of Business at Drexel University: Drexel LeBow is a comprehensive business school offering bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees. The College enrolls more than 4,000 students and offers programs in Philadelphia and Malvern, Pa., and its faculty in finance and international economics are ranked among the best in the world. (http://www.lebow.drexel.edu)Download