GIC is partnering with USFSM and Cumberland Advisors to welcome top professionals to Sarasota for the Third Annual Financial Literacy Day.
April 11, 2019
Third Annual Financial Literacy Day: An Update on Financial Markets and the Economy: The Global Interdependence Center (GIC) is returning to Sarasota, FL for a conference exploring financial markets. Topics will include the stock market, health hunger and philanthropy, and financial literacy online exams, among others. Attendees will hear keynote addresses from Gretchen Morgenson, Senior Special Writer in the Investigations unit at The Wall Street Journal and Susan Harper, Canadian Consul General in Miami and Former Economic Minister for Embassy of Canada. This program is being held in partnership with University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee College of Business and Cumberland Advisors and industry professionals and students alike are invited to attend.
- Christine Brown, CFA Tampa Bay, Society Executive, Tampa, FL
- Alison Gardner, Senior Vice President – Financial Advisor, RBC Wealth Management
- Gabriel Hament, Cumberland Portfolio Manager, Charitable and Foundation Accounts
- Susan Harper, Canadian Consul General in Miami and Former Economic Minister for Embassy of Canada
- Richard Hoey, Senior Economic Advisor to BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- Karen Holbrook, Regional Chancellor, USF Sarasota-Manatee
- David Kotok, CIO Cumberland Advisors and GIC Board Member
- Lisa Marsh Ryerson, National President, AARP Foundation. Formerly, President and CEO, Wells College, Aurora, NY.
- Matt McAleer, Executive VP & Director of Equity Strategies, Cumberland Advisors
- Lisa McIntire Shaw, CFP, CIMA, Managing Partner, Cygnus Asset Management, LLC
- Erin McLeod, CEO, Friendship Centers, Sarasota, FL
- Leland Miller, CEO, China Beige Book International
- Judith Monroe, President and CEO, CDC Foundation
- Gretchen Morgenson, Senior Special Writer in the Investigations unit at The Wall Street Journal
- Paul O’Brien, Deputy Chief Investment Officer, Strategy and Planning Department, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, ADIA.
- Eddie Sanchez, Jr., Director, Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, USF Sarasota-Manatee College of Business
- Maryanne Waldman, Vice President – Financial Advisor, RBC Wealth Management, GIC Board Member
- Tripp Zimmerman, Director, Research, WisdomTree Asset Management, Inc.
Thursday, April 11, 2019 | 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee, Selby Auditorium
(Address: 8350 N. Tamiami Trail Sarasota, FL 34243)
Contact: To register for this event or for more information please contact Colleen Murphy, Manager of Marketing and Communications, at [email protected] or 215-238-0990 or Shawn Ahearn, Director of Communications & Marketing, University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee at [email protected] or 941-359-4319.
About the Global Interdependence Center: The Global Interdependence Center (GIC) is a Philadelphia-based nonprofit organization that seeks to stimulate thoughtful, global dialogue on a wide range of issues that affect the international community, including economics, health care and government. GIC convenes conferences and roundtable discussions, both domestically and internationally, to identify and address emerging global issues. For more information, visit GIC’s website at www.interdependence.org.Download