Policymakers, Business Leaders and Academics to Discuss Global Effects of Monetary Policy in London
April 24, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 24, 2014
Policymakers, Business Leaders and Academics to Discuss
Global Effects of Monetary Policy in London
What: Monetary Policy and Currency Issues in 2014: QE or Not QE
In partnership with the National Association for Business Economics (NABE)
Who: This event will feature the following speakers and panelists:
- Katarzyna Zajdel-Kurowska, member of the Board, National Bank of Poland;
- Craig Alexander, senior vice president and chief economist at TD Bank Group;
- David Altig, Ph.D., executive vice president and director of research at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta;
- Manuel Balmaseda, chief economist, CEMEX;
- Julian Callow, director, Catalyst Economics, LTD;
- John Calverly, head of macroeconomics, Standard Chartered;
- Stephane Deo, global head of macro strategy research, UBS Investment Bank;
- Danielle DiMartino Booth, advisor to President Richard Fisher, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas;
- Michael Drury, chief economist at McVean Trading and Investments and GIC vice chair of programs;
- Larry Hatheway, managing director and chief economist, UBS Investment Bank;
- Kozo Koide, chief economist, DIAM;
- Catherine Mann, Ph.D., Barbara and Richard M. Rosenberg Professor of Global Finance at Brandeis University’s International Business School and GIC board member;
- Michael Marrese, head of EMEA EM Economics and Sovereign Strategy, JP Morgan;
- Don Rissmiller, founding partner of Strategas Research Partners and GIC board member; and
- George Tsetsekos, GIC board chair and dean emeritus of Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business.
Where: The Drapers’ Hall
When: Thursday, May 8, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Contact: For more information, please contactAmanda Lichtenstein, manager of marketing and membership at the Global Interdependence Center, at [email protected] or 215-238-0990.
About the Global Interdependence Center:
The Global Interdependence Center is a Philadelphia-based nonprofit organization that seeks to stimulate thoughtful, global dialogue on a wide range of issues that affect the international community, including economics, health care and government. GIC convenes conferences and roundtable discussions, both domestically and internationally, to identify and address emerging global issues. For more information, visit GIC’s website at www.interdependence.org.