Learn how a changing climate can bring economic opportunities to the Sarasota-Manatee region at GIC conference.
April 1, 2019
TWEET: Warm up this winter and join @interdependence for a conference on climate change in sunny Florida on Jan. 25! https://bit.ly/2zs6vEs
Adapting to a Changing Climate: Challenges and Opportunities: The Global Interdependence Center (GIC) is returning to Sarasota, FL for a conference exploring the topic of climate change. From hurricanes to red tide and sea level rise, attendees will learn how a changing climate affects the Sarasota-Manatee region and the state of Florida. Expert speakers will discuss the challenges and impact on the area while uncovering the adaptive strategies that bring unique social and economic opportunities to the state of Florida. GIC is partnering on this program with USF Sarasota-Manatee and Cumberland Advisors.
- Bob Bunting, Scientist/Entrepreneur and CEO, Waterstone Strategies
- Ed Chiles, Chiles Restaurant Group
- Robert Corell, Principal, Global Environment Technology Foundation/Professor
- Stevie Freeman-Montes, Sustainability Manager, City of Sarasota
- Tom Harmer, Town Manager, Longboat Key and former Administrator Sarasota County Manager
- Patricia Healy, Senior Vice President of Research and Portfolio Manager, Cumberland Advisors
- Karen Holbrook, Regional Chancellor, USF Sarasota-Manatee
- David Kotok, CIO, Cumberland Advisors and GIC Board Member
- Lenny Landau, Database Analyst/Engineer
- David Shafer, Principal, Shafer Consulting Inc.
- Jennifer Shafer, Principal, Shafer Consulting Inc.
- Greg Smogard, Innovation & Business Development Officer, USF
Friday, January 25, 2019 | 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee, Selby Auditorium
(Address: 8350 N. Tamiami Trail Sarasota, FL 34243)
Contact: To register for this event or for more information please contact Colleen Murphy, Manager of Marketing and Communications, at [email protected] or 215-238-0990 or Shawn Ahearn, Director of Communications & Marketing, University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee at [email protected] or 941-359-4319.
About the Global Interdependence Center: The Global Interdependence Center (GIC) is a Philadelphia-based nonprofit organization that seeks to stimulate thoughtful, global dialogue on a wide range of issues that affect the international community, including economics, health care and government. GIC convenes conferences and roundtable discussions, both domestically and internationally, to identify and address emerging global issues. For more information, visit GIC’s website at www.interdependence.org.