Governor of the Banque de France, President of the Philadelphia Federal Reserve and Chairman of UBS to Discuss Monetary Policy and Protectionism
February 6, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 6, 2014
+33 01 42 92 39 00
Governor of the Banque de France, President of the Philadelphia
Federal Reserve and Chairman of UBS to Discuss Monetary Policy and Protectionism
What: Monetary Policy and Banks and the Rise of Global Protectionism
This full-day, public conference will explore current banking and monetary issues as well as rising global protectionism through a series of sessions featuring premier international leaders in the economic and finance industry.
Where: Banque de France Conference Center
31 rue Croix des Petits Champs
When: March 10, 2014, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Who: This event will feature Christian Noyer, governor of the Banque de France; Charles Plosser, president and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, and Axel Weber, chairman, UBS AG, as well as the following leaders and policymakers in finance and academia:
- Manus Cranny, markets reporter for Bloomberg Television;
- Michael Drury, chief economist at McVean Trading and Investments and vice chair of programs at the Global Interdependence Center;
- Kozo Koide, chief economist of DIAM;
- David Kotok, CIO of Cumberland Advisors and vice chair of the central banking series at the Global Interdependence Center;
- Patrick Legland, global head of cross-asset research at Societe Generale Group;
- Joshua Rosner, managing director of Graham Fisher & Co.;
- Steve Sexauer, chief investment officer of Allianz and board member of the Global Interdependence Center;
- John Silvia, chief economist of Wells Fargo;
- Kathleen Stephansen, chief economist and senior managing director at AIG Asset Management and board member of the Global Interdependence Center; and
- Timo Tyrvanien, chief economist of Aktia Bank.
Contact: To register for this event or for more information, please contact Amanda Lichtenstein, the Global Interdependence Center’s manager of marketing and membership, at [email protected] or +1.215.238.0990 or contact Anne Carrère, service de presse de la Banque de France, at +33 01 42 92 39 00 or [email protected].