GIC’s College of Central Bankers inducts a new Fellow, DeLisle Worrell, Ph.D., Former Governor of the Central Bank of Barbados
August 28, 2021
The Global Interdependence Center (GIC)’s College of Central Bankers initiative provides a platform for former leaders of the world’s central banks and similar institutions to share their unique combination of hands-on experience and continued thought leadership on important global issues facing economies and effecting the quality of life.
The GIC is delighted to announce the induction of the newest Fellow of the College of Central Bankers, DeLisle Worrell, Ph.D., the Former Governor of the Central Bank of Barbados. Upon joining, Dr. Worrell offered the following, “I am delighted to join my friend Patrick Honohan and the distinguished members of the College of Central Bankers. The international perspective which the College brings to the matters at hand is essential for a realistic discussion of the current circumstances, and the global prospects. I look forward to active involvement in the future work of the College.”
Peter A. Gold, GIC Board Vice Chair and Chair of the College of Central Bankers, provided commentary: “I look forward to Dr. Worrell’s participation and leadership within the College of Central Bankers. He joins Fellows with involvement in policy and decision-making, but also hands-on experience that is unlike any other group in the world. GIC is fortunate to have the expertise of Dr. Worrell, our other Fellows, and Advisory Board members.”
Dr. Worrell joins existing Fellows of the College of Central Bankers:
- David (Danny) Blanchflower, Former Member of the Monetary Policy Committee of the Bank of England
- Jose De Gregorio, Former President of the Central Bank of Chile
- Roger Ferguson, former Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors of the U.S. Federal Reserve System
- José Manuel González Páramo, Former Member of the Executive Board of the European Central Bank
- Patrick Honohan, Former Governor of Central Bank of Ireland
- Dennis Lockhart, Former President & CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Christian Noyer, Honorary Governor, Banque de France
- Athanasios Orphanides, Ph.D., Former Governor of the Central Bank of Cyprus
- Charles Plosser, Former President & CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- William Poole, Former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Alfonso Prat-Gay, Former Governor of the Central Bank of Argentina
- Anthony Santomero, Former President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- Masaaki Shirakawa, Former Governor of the Bank of Japan
- Katarzyna Zajdel-Kurowska, former Board member of the Management Board of the National Bank of Poland
The College and its membership operate within the GIC umbrella and with GIC’s administrative support.
Contact: For more information, please contact Colleen Murphy, Manager of Marketing and Communications, at [email protected] or 215-238-0990.
About the Global Interdependence Center: The Global Interdependence Center (GIC) is a Philadelphia-based nonprofit organization that seeks to stimulate thoughtful, global dialogue on a wide range of issues that affect the international community, including economics, health care and government. GIC convenes conferences and roundtable discussions, both domestically and internationally, to identify and address emerging global issues. For more information, visit GIC’s website at www.interdependence.org.Download