Deputy Governor (Central Banking) of the Central Bank of Ireland, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia and more to Speak in Dublin
September 7, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 7, 2016
Associate Director, Communications
Global Interdependence Center
Deputy Governor (Central Banking) of the Central Bank of Ireland, President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia and more to Discuss Monetary Policy and the Economic Outlook
What: Central Banking Series Event
This full-day public conference, hosted by the Global Interdependence Center, the Central Bank of Ireland, and the Irish American Business Chamber and Network, will explore the changes to come in European and U.S. finance through a series of sessions featuring premier international leaders in the banking and finance industry.
Where: Morrison Hotel, Lower Ormond Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland
When: September 29, 2016, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Who: This public event will feature the following leaders in monetary policy and banking:
- Patrick T. Harker, President and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- Sharon Donnery, Deputy Governor Central Banking, Central Bank of Ireland
- John Bruton, former Taoiseach (Prime Minister) and former EU Ambassador to the United States
- Kevin F. O’Malley, United States Ambassador to Ireland
- Alan Ahearne, Professor and Head of Economics, National University of Ireland, Galway
- David Altig, Executive Vice President and Director of Research, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta and GIC Board Member
- Charles Dowd, CEO, Plynk
- Michael Drury, Chief Economist, McVean Trading & Investments and GIC Chairman
- Brian Fahey, CEO, Terra Nua
- Megan Greene, Chief Economist, Manulife
- Patrick Honohan, Former Governor, Central Bank of Ireland
- Mary Keeney, Head of International Relations, Monetary Policy Division, Central Bank of Ireland
- Frank Kelly, Senior Legal Advisor, Bank of Ireland
- John McCarthy, Chairman, ING Bank Turkey
- William McLaughlin, President, McLaughlin & Morgan, Inc. and Founder, Irish American Business Chamber & Network and GIC board member
- Anthony Murphy, Policy Advisor and Senior Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Richard Walsh, CEO, FPAI
- Chris Whalen, Senior Managing Director and Head of Research, Kroll Bond Rating Agency
- Karl Whelan, Professor, School of Economics, University College Dublin
Contact: To register for this event or for more information, please contact Julia Strapp, associate director of communications at the Global Interdependence Center, at [email protected] or 215-238-0990.
About the Global Interdependence Center: The Global Interdependence Center is a Philadelphia-based nonprofit organization that seeks to stimulate thoughtful, global dialogue on a wide range of issues that affect the international community, including economics, health care and government. GIC convenes conferences and roundtable discussions, both domestically and internationally, to identify and address emerging global issues. For more information, visit GIC’s website at www.interdependence.org.