The Fed’s Response to COVID-19
Date: Thursday, June 18, 2020
Register to view the webinar replay.
The Fed’s Response to COVID-19
The Fed’s Response to COVID-19 is the theme of this Executive Briefing, the twelfth in our “Analyzing Pandemics” series. Through a fireside chat with Loretta J. Mester, Ph.D., the President and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, attendees will gain context and perspective regarding U.S. monetary policy, the shape of the economic recovery, and the outlook for inflation.
Detailed webinar instructions and materials available upon registration. COVID-19 pandemic resources available below.
Continuing Education: Attendees of The Fed’s Response to COVID-19 can receive continuing education credit from the Certified Financial Planner Board for 1 credit hour. Please email Colleen at [email protected] for more details.
Rest assured we do not sell your email address or other registration information.
The GIC’s mission is to provide a forum for a thoughtful, unbiased global dialogue on emerging issues that impact the economy, policy and geopolitics. During these challenging time related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we think it is important to share our content as a public service.
As a reminder, the Global Interdependence Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We rely on voluntary contributions to bring our high quality content to the public. If you enjoy and find our programming valuable, we encourage you to make a tax deductible donation of $25, $50, or $100 to GIC in support of future webinars and live conferences, or consider joining as a GIC Member.
Resources on COVID-19:
- COVID – 19: Health Recovery and Economic Recovery Go Hand in Hand, GIC Blog (June 1, 2020)
- COVID-19 Impacts and Philanthropic Opportunities: GGA Interview with Atlanta Fed President Raphael Bostic, GIC Blog (May 31, 2020)
- COVID-19 Playbook, Vital Strategies (May 2, 2020)
- About Masks, GIC Blog (April 24, 2020)
- COVID – 19: Health Recovery and Economic Recovery Go Hand in Hand, GIC Blog (April 21, 2020)
- PACT: Private Automated Contract Tracing, MIT (April 9, 2020)
- Review of Mobile Application Technology to Enhance Contact Tracing Capacity for COVID-19, Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security (April 8, 2020)
- FDA Has Authorized just one Coronavirus Antibody Test, CNN (April 7, 2020)
- A cost-effective way to help emerging markets fight Covid-19, GIC Blog (April 3, 2020)
- Contract Tracing Mobile Apps for COVID-19: Privacy Considerations and Related Trade-offs, Cornell (March 30, 2020)
- Weekly Economic Update by Michael Drury, GIC Blog (March 30, 2020)
- Why coronavirus antibody testing in one Colorado town could provide a way forward, ABC News (March 28, 2020)
- Worst-Case Estimates for U.S. Coronavirus Deaths, New York Times (March 13, 2020)
- First Ebola, Now Coronavirus. Why an Omaha Hospital Gets the Toughest Cases, New York Times (February 18, 2020)
- Enhancing Private Sector Health System Preparedness for 21-st Century Health Threats Foundational Principles from a National Academies Initiative, JAMA (February 6, 2020)
- NExT The Nebraska Transformational Project briefing sheet, University of Nebraska Medical Center (February 10, 2020)
Location: Virtual EventDownload iCal
Loretta J. Mester, Ph.D.President and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Loretta J. Mester took office on June 1, 2014, as the 11th president and chief executive officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland. She participates in the formulation of U.S. monetary policy and oversees 1,000 employees in Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh who conduct economic research, supervise banking institutions, and provide payment services to commercial banks and the U.S. government.