The Global Interdependence Center Welcomes You to Join Us!
Membership in the Global Interdependence Center gives you first access to the best international programming in Philadelphia and around the world. For over thirty years, GIC has been helping to bring the world closer together. Join the conversation by becoming a GIC member today.
What We Do
GIC provides a forum for the exchange of divergent perspectives; engages experts to identify emerging economic, social, and political issues vital to the interdependent global community; organizes country and region-specific meetings, conferences and briefings for educational and networking opportunities; promotes global partnerships among governments, business, academic, and nonprofit organizations; and shares information and research with the public and with policymakers worldwide.
As a Member of GIC, You Are Entitled To
- Discounted admission to all GIC events, both domestic and international
- Member-exclusive Email notifications from GIC Executive Director
- Admission to events hosted by Philadelphia Council for Business Economics (PCBE) at their Member rate
- Admission to events hosted by CFA Society of Philadelphia at their Member rate.
- Opportunities to network among dozens of industry leaders throughout the Greater Philadelphia region in a variety of fields including, finance, economics, wealth management, health & welfare.
Our dynamic programming includes a wide range of forums:
- Book signings with prominent authors
- Topical seminars and conferences on issues such as global health, energy policy, and emerging economies
- International symposia with governors of central banks and presidents of the US Federal Reserve System
- High-profile roundtables and lunch meetings with global leaders, providing top-level access to our members
Just last year, GIC members have been involved in:
- GIC Global Leadership Award Ceremony honoring renowned economist, Martin Feldstein, free for Members
- Complimentary admission to GIC’s discussion on the Chilean Economy in the 21st Century with Jose De Gregorio, Governor of the Central Bank of Chile
- A members-only session on Baltic energy markets with Einari Kisel, Deputy Secretary General of Energy, Estonian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications
- A members-only session on Monetary Policy and Energy Costs with Andres Sutt, Deputy Governor, Bank of Estonia
- An exclusive lunch/briefing on Current Geopolitical Situation in Middle East with Carmi Gillon, VP of External Relations, Hebrew University and former Head of Israeli Security Service
- An exclusive roundtable with Jeffery Lacker, President, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
- An intimate luncheon with Her Excellency, Hunaina Sultan Al-Mughairy, Ambassador of Oman to the United States
- A roundtable meeting on Monetary Policy with Caleb Fundanga, Governor of the Bank of Zambia