5th Annual Rocky Mountain Economic Summit
Friday, July 12, 2013
265 Cache Street, Jackson, WY 83001
- Can Europe shed “zombie” status?
- Re-Priced Wealth is not Increased Wealth
- Recent Developments in Monetary Policy
- Presentation by Michael Drury
- David Kotok’s Report from Jackson Hole
- Greg Valliere Comments on Summit Discussions
- Assessing Monetary Policy
- Presentation by W. David Hemingway
- Quantitative Easing: What International Capital Markets Reveal
5th Annual Rocky Mountain Economic Summit
9 – 9:15 a.m. | Welcoming Remarks
- Tyler Norton, Partner, Hyde-Norton Group
- Emcee David Kotok, CIO, Cumberland Advisors and GIC Vice Chair of the Central Banking Series
9:15 – 10:30 a.m. | Economic Outlook Panel
- Paul McCulley, Chairman, GIC Global Society of Fellows
- Julian Callow, Chief International Economist, Barclays
- Catherine Mann, Barbara and Richard M. Rosenberg Professor of Global Finance, Brandeis University and GIC Board Member
- Moderator George Tsetsekos, Dean Emeritus of Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business and GIC Board Chair
10:30 – 10:45 a.m. | Coffee Break
10:45 – 11:45 a.m. | Bankers Panel
- Axel Weber, Chairman of UBS, former President of Deutsche Bundesbank and visiting professor, Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago
- W. David Hemingway, Executive Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, Zions Bancorporation
- Moderator Charles Silverman, EVP & Group Head Global Financial Institutions, Wells Fargo & GIC Board Member
11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. | Lunch
12:45 – 2 p.m. | Federal Reserve Bank Panel
- Charles Plosser, President, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- Jim Bullard, President, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Moderator Bill Dunkelberg, Chief Economist, National Federation of Independent Business & GIC Board Member
2 – 2:15 p.m. | Break
2:15 – 4 p.m. | Investment Panel
- Michael Drury, Chief Economist, McVean Trading & Investments & GIC Vice Chair of Programs
- Steve Sexauer, Chief Investment Officer, Allianz Global Investors Solutions & GIC Board Member
- Kozo Koide, Chief Economist, DIAM Co Ltd.
- Martin Barnes, Chief Economist, BCA Research
- Moderator J. Paul Horne, Independent International Market Economist & GIC Board Member
4 – 4:15 p.m. | Closing Remarks
- David Kotok, CIO, Cumberland Advisors and GIC Vice Chair of the Central Banking Series
A networking event sponsored by Rolls Royce, which includes cocktails and hor d’oeuvres, will begin at 7 p.m. and will feature Governor Matt Mead of Wyoming.
James Bullard, Ph.D.President and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
James Bullard took office as president and chief executive officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in April 2008.
Charles I. Plosser, Ph.D.President and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
Dr. Charles Plosser is president and chief executive officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. In his current role, he participates on the Federal Reserve System’s Federal Open Market Committee, which is responsible for conducting our nation’s monetary policy.
Axel A. Weber, Ph.D.Chairman of the Board of Directors, UBS
Axel A. Weber was nominated for election to UBS Board of Directors in 2012, initially serving as non-independent vice chairman, and appointed chairman of UBS in 2013. He was a visiting professor at the University of Chicago, Booth School of Business.
Martin BarnesChief Economist, BCA Research
Martin Barnes is the chief economist at BCA Research. He joined BCA Research in late 1987 and for 18 years he was responsible for The Bank Credit Analyst, the company’s highly respected flagship service.
Julian CallowFounder, Catalyst Economics, Ltd.
Julian Callow is an independent economist and founder of Catalyst Economics, Ltd, which provides macroeconomic consultancy services. Previously he was a managing director for research at Barclays, having been chief European economist (2003-12) and chief international economist (2012-14).
Michael DruryChief Economist, McVean Trading & Investments
Michael Drury is the Chief Economist for McVean Trading & Investments, LLC.
Bill Dunkelberg, Ph.D.Chief Economist, NFIB
William Dunkelberg is professor emeritus of economics at the School of Business and Management, Temple University, where he served as dean from 1987 through 1994 and as director of the Center for the Advancement and Study of Entrepreneurship.
W. David HemingwayExecutive Vice President and Chief Investment Officer of Zions Bancorporation
W. David Hemingway is Executive Vice President and Chief Investment Officer of Zions Bancorporation and Executive Vice President of Zions First National Bank.
J. Paul HorneIndependent International Economist & GIC Board Member
J. Paul Horne has been an active independent international market economist since retiring in 2001 as a managing director and European equity market economist at Salomon Smith Barney/Citigroup in London.
Kozo KoideChief Economist, DIAM Co. Ltd.
Kozo Koide is the Chief Economist at DIAM Co. Ltd., formerly DL-IBJ Asset Management, which is one of the top class Japanese asset management companies with about 10.5 trillion yen (approximately 135 billion US$) assets under its management at the end of March 2012.
David KotokCIO of Cumberland Advisors and GIC Vice Chair of the Central Banking Series
David R. Kotok co-founded Cumberland Advisors in 1973 and has been its chief investment officer since inception.
Catherine Mann, Ph.D.Barbara '54 and Richard M. Rosenberg Chair in Global Finance, International School of Business at Brandeis University
Dr. Catherine L. Mann holds the Barbara ’54 and Richard M. Rosenberg Chair in Global Finance at the International Business School, Brandeis University.
Paul McCulleyChair, GIC Global Society of Fellows
Paul McCulley is chairman of the Global Society of Fellows of the Global Interdependence Center (GIC). The Society, founded in late 2010, had its inaugural event at the Bank of France in March 2012: Re-Examining Central Bank Orthodoxy for Un-Orthodox Times.
Tyler NortonFounder and CEO, Hero Partners
Tyler Norton is founder of Hero Partners and a founding partner of The Hyde-Norton Group. Tyler has 17 years of experience in the risk management and financial services industry, including 9 years of executive leadership with Beneficial Financial Group where he served as vice president, senior vice president and chief distribution officer.
Stephen SexauerChief Investment Officer, US Multi Asset, Allianz Global Investors
Stephen Sexauer has been the chief investment officer, US Multi Asset, Allianz Global Investors since inception in June 2008, and has been a managing director of Allianz Global Investors of America LLC or one of its subsidiaries since May 2003.
George Tsetsekos, Ph.D.Dean Emeritus and the Francis Professor of Finance at LeBow’s College of Business at Drexel University
Dr. George Tsetsekos is Dean Emeritus and the Francis Professor of Finance at Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business.